Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Medical Miracles


I'm so grateful for modern medicine and capable doctors and nurses. Adelynn had to be born early because she didn't have enough fluid around her. They could tell this so easily with an ultrasound. Also she was breech, but with a smooth muscle relaxant and well-practiced doctor she turned easily. I needed antibiotics because I'm Group B Strep positive. I was given pitocin to start my labor early. Adelynn had oxygen for a few minutes when she came out and a Vitamin K shot. All these things are so routine and easy now we hardly even think about them. But the fact of the matter is they saved my sweet Adelynn's life and made my delivery routine and easy. I'm so grateful to Heavenly Father to live in these last days when I can have modern medicine and living, healthy children.

No comments:

Post a Comment